Friday, April 13, 2007

Too serious . . .

I was reading through recent posts of mine on this blog and I suddenly realised how serious things are here! The topics that I choose to write on are serious; titles to the posts are serious; discussions in the comment sections are serious; I mean, look at my profile photo on the top right: I’ve got serious written all over my face (“Hello, Mr Grumpy!”).

So here is something to lighten things up a bit. Thanks to Dar who originally posted this piece here.

___

Phil Osopher and Larry Logic went camping. After they got their tent all set up, both men fell sound asleep.

Some hours later, Logic wakes Phil and says, "Look toward the sky, my friend. What do you see?"

Phil replies, "I see millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?" asked Logic.

Phil Osopher ponders for a minute then says, "Astronomically speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically, the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What's it tell you, friend?"

"Someone stole our tent."

3 comments:

Josh said...

woot! a philosophy joke I hadn't heard before!

Stephen said...

To be fair, Phil and Larry *could* have had a tent with see-through fabric windows, a common feature with dome tents.

Still funny, thought. ;)

Laughing Boy said...

Phil Osopher: "God took it to show you that you can see things that you cannot touch."